JULY 2021 – COVID POLICIES
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority, so we appreciate your cooperation with our following COVID-19 policies:
- As per CDC guidance for all healthcare facilities, FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED in our office at all times.
- We continue to screen all patients (and guests) for potential illness. Please notify our office if you have, or have been in close contact with anyone having, any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, Loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Diarrhea, Nausea or Vomiting
- Our offices continue to be open by appointment only (including exams, optical purchases, and eyeglass repairs and adjustments). Please no walk-ins at this time.
- Same-day optical appointments fill quickly, so please schedule in advance. If you have an appointment with one of our doctors and you anticipate wanting to order glasses on the same day, you will need a second appointment for optical as well.
- If you plan to order new glasses, you can begin your shopping online with our frame gallery and virtual try-on tool prior to your visit. Frames are sanitized between appointments.
- Please respect social distancing when in office. To aid social distancing in our small office space, we ask you to come alone or limit one guest who will remain with you when you are in the exam room.
MAY 2021 – APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING
- New patients: Due to the sudden departure of one of our doctors, as of 5/1/2021 we have had to temporarily stop accepting new patients. Please check back in the fall of 2021 when we hope to re-open new patient scheduling.
- Current established patients (within 3 years): Due to the loss of a provider during a period of exponential growth, we are still booking several months out for established patient comprehensive eye exams. If you have an emergent issue, our staff will triage your issue and schedule you for an emergency appointment. If you would prefer to be seen sooner than our first available appointment for a non-emergent issue, you can be added to the waitlist for earlier cancelations. You can request a non-emergent appointment by phone or on our website.
Contact Lens Patients: Because we have a 3-6 month wait for an appointment, contact lens patients should plan accordingly and call to schedule their exam well BEFORE their current prescription expires. Contact lenses are an FDA-regulated medical device and require an annual in-person evaluation.
- If you wish to be added to our waitlist, please be sure that we have the best contact number for you and that you have opted-in for text messaging. When we have cancellations, we will reach out by text message first, and openings will go to those that reply first. If you are unable to receive text messages, we can add you to our call list, but calls are only made if no one has first claimed the spot via text message.