1319 White Mountain Hwy
North Conway, NH 03860
820 Main St
Berlin, NH 03570
To Our Valued Patients,
We are excited that the CDC and Governor Sununu have removed the recommendation to postpone all non-emergent care medical care. However, the stay-at-home order remains in place and the novel coronavirus is still present in our community. While we are taking gradual steps to increase the availability of eye care services to our patients, it is essential that we continue to take significant precaution to limit risk of further spread. The doctors and staff of Conway Eye Care and Coos Eye Care are making every effort to keep you safe, while still remaining available for essential eye care needs.
- Our offices will continue to be open by appointment only, no walk-ins for any reason. Our current office hours are 9am-5pm Monday through Thursday and 9am-3pm Friday.
- Beginning May 4, we are expanding our services to include non-urgent medical eye care visits. Due to spacing, disinfecting, social distancing, and staffing limitations, we are not yet able to accommodate our full volume of patients nor routine eye exam appointments.
- Beginning May 18, we plan to resume routine eye care appointments. To limit the touching of eyes in office, contact lens appointments will continue to be deferred a bit longer.
- Our doctors continue to offer telehealth services via Skype, when appropriate. Although we want patients to stay home when they can, we don’t want anyone to ignore an eye issue that may become a bigger problem if left untreated. Please call the office to arrange for a telehealth visit.
- Our optical services are available, by appointment only, for any eyeglass needs, including repairs, adjustments, and purchases.
- If you have an appointment for ordering new glasses, we request that you shop our frame gallery and virtually try-on frames online prior to arriving to help keep your visit efficient and minimize the surfaces contacted while in office. Any frames touched are fully disinfected between appointments.
- If you are in need of contact lenses and your prescription has recently expired, our doctors will provide a temporary 90-day extension of contact lens prescriptions for current contact lens patients.
- We welcome contact lens orders by phone or online directly from our website. Your contacts will be mailed directly to you with free shipping on all orders. We appreciate your support with continued contact lens orders, enabling us to continue paying our staff.
When you visit our office for an appointment with a doctor or with our optical, please be aware of the following protocols put into place for everyone’s safety:
- Notify us prior to your visit if you have (or have had contact with anyone having) any symptoms of COVID-19 or any out-of-state travel in the last 14 days.
- If you have multiple risk factors for COVID-19, postpone non-emergent appointments or contact us for special arrangements.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, call from the parking lot so that we may perform the check in and screening process by phone, limiting the amount of wait time inside the office.
- All patients (and any necessary guests) must wear a face covering or mask, during the entirety of your visit in office and will be screened for fever with non-contact thermometer.
- Attend your appointment alone, with the exception of minors who should be accompanied by one parent only, or patients who require a single caretaker. Guests will also be screened for COVID-19 risk and will remain in the exam room with the patient.
- Wear your glasses to your medical visit, even if you typically wear contact lenses, so that contact lenses need not be removed and inserted in the office.
- Make use of the hand sanitizer at check-in. There is additional sanitizer throughout the office for your use.
- Please be prepared to pay by credit card or check, so that cash transactions may be limited whenever possible.
We are excited to be gradually returning to our pre-pandemic care offerings with an enhanced focus on safety and disinfection measures. We appreciate your continued patience for the services that are not yet fully restored. Please know that your eye health, vision, and overall safety and wellbeing are of utmost importance to us and we will remain available to help you with your eye care needs. We appreciate your cooperation with the new measures being taken, and we are grateful for your trust in us as your eye care provider.
Dr. Angelique Sawyer
Owner, Conway Eye Care and Coos Eye Care