Please familiarize yourself with all of the following information regarding our handling of COVID-19, before you plan to visit our office.
- Our offices will continue to be open by appointment only, no walk-ins for any reason. Our current office hours are:
- Conway Eye Care: 8am-5pm Monday through Thursday and 8am-3pm Friday. Closed 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Coos Eye Care: 9am-5pm Monday through Thursday and 9am-3pm Friday. Closed 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Our offices have resumed providing all eye care services, though still at a reduced schedule to allow for increased sanitization and social distancing between patients.
- Existing appointments: If you already have an appointment scheduled, you will be screened for COVID-19 risk by phone and your appointment time may need to be modified for social distancing and abbreviated office hours. Please be sure your voicemail is able to accept messages and watch your email for more information. Please be sure to confirm your appointment, as unconfirmed appointments may be filled off the waitlist.
- Waitlist: If you have been on our waitlist for some time and you do not yet have an appointment scheduled, please contact the office. All patients that were on the waitlist with no appointment scheduled have been filled into remaining summer appointments, except for those that we have been unable to reach. If you already have an appointment but have been added to the waitlist in hopes of being seen sooner, please be sure that your voicemail is able to accept messages and that you have opted-in for text messages, as we often will send text notifications about last minute cancelations.
- New appointments: If you need to schedule an appointment and are not yet on the waitlist, we are now booking appointments for the fall and beyond. If you have an emergent issue, our staff will triage your issue and schedule you for an emergency appointment. If you would prefer to be seen sooner than the fall for a non-emergent issue, you can be added to the waitlist for earlier cancelations. The best way to request a non-emergent appointment is through our website. (Contact Us page or “Request Appointment” button above.)
- Telehealth: Our doctors continue to offer telehealth services via Skype or Zoom, when appropriate. If you have an eye or vision issue and prefer not to come into the office at this time, please call the office to arrange for a telehealth visit.
- Our optical services are available, by appointment only, for any eyeglass needs, including repairs, adjustments, and purchases.
- If you have an appointment for ordering new glasses and you plan to purchase a new frame, we request that you shop our frame gallery and virtually try-on frames online prior to arriving to help keep your visit efficient and minimize the surfaces contacted while in office. Any frames touched are fully sanitized between appointments.
- Although we have resumed providing contact lens services, if your prescription has recently expired and we are unable to schedule you until the fall, our doctors will provide a temporary 90-day extension of contact lens prescriptions for current contact lens patients only.
- We welcome contact lens orders by phone or online directly from our website. Your contacts will be mailed directly to you with free shipping on all orders. We appreciate your support with continued contact lens orders, enabling us to continue paying our staff.
When you visit our office (regardless of whether for an appointment with a doctor or with our optical), please be aware of the following protocols put into place for everyone’s safety:
- All patients will be screened with the following questions. If your answer is yes to any of the following, we may need to reschedule your appointment. In the last 14 days, have you:
- Traveled outside of Maine or New Hampshire?
- Had symptoms of (or been in contact with someone having symptoms of) COVID-19, including: fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing, body aches, change in taste or smell?
- Tested positive for COVID-19 or have test results still pending?
- been living in a nursing home or long term care facility?
- If you have multiple risk factors for COVID-19, we encourage postponing non-emergent appointments, or you may contact us for special arrangements.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please call from the parking lot so that we may perform the check in and screening process by phone, limiting the amount of wait time inside the office. However if you are unable to get through by the phone, you may come inside to avoid a late start to your appointment.
- All patients (and any necessary guests) must wear a face covering or mask covering the nose and mouth during the entirety of the visit in office, will be screened for fever with a non-contact thermometer, and will be asked to use hand sanitizer at check-in. There is additional sanitizer throughout the office for your use.
- Attend your appointment alone, with the exception of minors who should be accompanied by one parent only, or patients who require a single caretaker. Guests will also be screened for COVID-19 risk and will remain in the exam room with the patient.
We appreciate your continued patience as our service offerings and protocols continue to evolve. Please know that your eye health, vision, and overall safety and wellbeing are of utmost importance to us and we will remain available to help you with your eye care needs. We appreciate your cooperation with the measures being taken, and we are grateful for your trust in us as your eye care provider.
Dr. Angelique Sawyer
Owner, Conway Eye Care and Coos Eye Care