Please familiarize yourself with all of the following information regarding our handling of COVID-19, before you plan to visit our office.
- Our offices will continue to be open by appointment only, no walk-ins for any reason. Our current office hours are:
- Conway Eye Care: 8am-5pm Monday through Thursday and 8am-3pm Friday. Closed 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Coos Eye Care: 9am-5pm Monday through Thursday and 9am-3pm Friday. Closed 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Our offices have resumed providing all eye care services, though still at a reduced schedule to allow for increased sanitization and social distancing between patients.
- Appointments: Although we have added another provider to catch up from the scheduling backlog caused by the pandemic, we are still booking about 3 months out for comprehensive eye exams. If you have an emergent issue, our staff will triage your issue and schedule you for an emergency appointment. If you would prefer to be seen sooner than our first available appointment for a non-emergent issue, you can be added to the waitlist for earlier cancelations. The best way to request a non-emergent appointment is through our website. (Contact Us page or “Request Appointment” button above.)
- Waitlist: If you wish to be added to our waitlist, please be sure that we have the best contact number for you, that your voicemail is able to receive messages, and that you have opted-in for text messaging. When we have cancellations, we will reach out by phone or text, and openings will go to those that reply first.
- Telehealth: Our doctors continue to offer telehealth services via Skype or Zoom, when appropriate. If you have an eye or vision issue and prefer not to come into the office at this time, please call the office to arrange for a telehealth visit.
- Our optical services are available, by appointment only, for any eyeglass needs, including repairs, adjustments, and purchases.
- If you have an appointment for ordering new glasses and you plan to purchase a new frame, we request that you shop our frame gallery and virtually try-on frames online prior to arriving to help keep your visit efficient and minimize the surfaces contacted while in office. Any frames touched are fully sanitized between appointments.
- Although we have resumed providing contact lens services, we still have a 2-3 month wait for an appointment. Contact lens patients should plan accordingly and call to schedule their exam BEFORE their current prescription expires. When necessary, we may be able to provide trial lenses or a temporary 90-day extension of contact lens prescriptions for current contact lens patients only.
- We welcome contact lens orders by phone or online directly from our website. Your contacts will be mailed directly to you with free shipping on all orders. We appreciate your support with continued contact lens orders, enabling us to continue paying our staff.
When you visit our office (regardless of whether for an appointment with a doctor or with our optical), please be aware of the following protocols put into place for everyone’s safety:
- All patients will be screened with the following questions. If your answer is yes to any of the following, we may need to reschedule your appointment. In the last 14 days, have you:
- Traveled outside of New England? (The state of NH still advises a 14-day self-quarantine following travel outside of New England)
- Tested positive for COVID-19 or have test results still pending?
- Had symptoms of (or been in contact with someone having symptoms of) COVID-19, including:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
- If you have multiple risk factors for COVID-19, we encourage postponing non-emergent appointments, or you may contact us for special arrangements.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please call from the parking lot so that we may perform the check in and screening process by phone when able, limiting the amount of wait time inside the office. However if you are unable to get through by the phone, please come inside to avoid a late start to your appointment.
- All patients (and any necessary guests) must wear a face covering or mask covering the nose and mouth during the entirety of the visit in office, will be screened for fever with a non-contact thermometer, and will be asked to use hand sanitizer at check-in. There is additional sanitizer throughout the office for your use.
- Attend your appointment alone, with the exception of minors who should be accompanied by one parent only, or patients who require a single caretaker. Guests will also be screened for COVID-19 risk and will remain in the exam room with the patient.
We appreciate your continued patience as our service offerings and protocols continue to evolve. Please know that your eye health, vision, and overall safety and wellbeing are of utmost importance to us and we will remain available to help you with your eye care needs. We appreciate your cooperation with the measures being taken, and we are grateful for your trust in us as your eye care provider.
Dr. Angelique Sawyer
Owner, Conway Eye Care and Coos Eye Care