We apologize for any inconvenience while our offices were closed in early January following COVID-19 exposure. Although our existing in-office procedures kept the risk to our patients very minimal, in abundance of caution, we decided to quarantine all staff while exposure risk was assessed. We have worked closely with the health department and any at-risk individuals have been notified. We are happy to return to providing all your eye care needs in the safest way possible. -Dr. Angelique Sawyer, 1/10/2021
Please familiarize yourself with all of the following information regarding our handling of COVID-19, before you plan to visit our office.
- Our offices will continue to be open by appointment only, no walk-ins for any reason. Our current office hours are:
- Conway Eye Care: 8am-5pm Monday through Thursday and 8am-3pm Friday. Closed 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Coos Eye Care: 9am-5pm Monday through Thursday and 9am-3pm Friday. Closed 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Our offices have resumed providing all eye care services, though still at a reduced schedule to allow for increased sanitization and social distancing between patients.
- Appointments: Although we have added another provider to catch up from the scheduling backlog caused by the pandemic, we are still booking about 3+ months out for comprehensive eye exams. If you have an emergent issue, our staff will triage your issue and schedule you for an emergency appointment. If you would prefer to be seen sooner than our first available appointment for a non-emergent issue, you can be added to the waitlist for earlier cancelations. You can request a non-emergent appointment by phone or through our website. (Contact Us page or “Request Appointment” button above.)
- Waitlist: If you wish to be added to our waitlist, please be sure that we have the best contact number for you and that you have opted-in for text messaging. When we have cancellations, we will reach out by text message first, and openings will go to those that reply first. If you are unable to receive text messages, we can add you to our call list, but calls are only made if no one has first claimed the spot via text message.
- Telehealth: Our doctors continue to offer telehealth services via Skype or Zoom, when appropriate. If you have an eye or vision issue and prefer not to come into the office at this time, please call the office to arrange for a telehealth visit.
- Our optical services are available, by appointment only, for any eyeglass needs, including repairs, adjustments, and purchases.
- Same-day optical appointments fill quickly, so please call to schedule in advance. If you have an appointment with one of our doctors and you also anticipate wanting to order glasses on the same day, you will need to schedule a second appointment for optical as well.
- If you have an appointment for ordering new glasses and you plan to purchase a new frame, we request that you shop our frame gallery and virtually try-on frames online prior to arriving to help keep your visit efficient and minimize the surfaces contacted while in office. Any frames touched are fully sanitized between appointments.
- Although we have resumed providing contact lens services, we still have a 3+ month wait for an appointment. Contact lens patients should plan accordingly and call to schedule their exam BEFORE their current prescription expires. Contact lenses are an FDA-regulated medical device and require an annual in-person evaluation.
- We welcome contact lens orders by phone or online directly from our website. Your contacts will be mailed directly to you, and an annual supply receives a 10% discount and free shipping. We appreciate your support with continued contact lens orders.
When you visit our office (regardless of whether for an appointment with a doctor or with our optical), please be aware of the following protocols put into place for everyone’s safety:
- All patients will be screened with the following questions. If your answer is YES to any of the following for any reason, your doctor will perform a more detailed screening to determine whether we need to reschedule your appointment. In the last 14 days, have you
- Traveled outside of New England? (The state of NH still advises a 14-day self-quarantine following travel outside of New England)
- Tested positive for COVID-19 or do you have test results still pending?
- Had symptoms of (or been in contact with someone having symptoms of) COVID-19, including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If you have multiple risk factors for COVID-19, we encourage postponing non-emergent appointments, or you may contact us for special arrangements.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please call from the parking lot so that we may perform the check in and screening process by phone when able, limiting the amount of wait time inside the office. However if you are unable to get through by phone, please come inside to avoid a late start to your appointment.
- All patients (and any necessary guests) must wear a face covering or mask covering the nose and mouth during the entirety of the visit in office, will be screened for fever with a non-contact thermometer, and will be asked to use hand sanitizer at check-in. There is additional sanitizer throughout the office for your use.
- Please attend your appointment alone, with the exception of minors who should be accompanied by one parent only, or patients who require a single caretaker for assistance. Guests will also be screened for COVID-19 risk and will remain in the exam room with the patient.
We appreciate your continued patience as our service offerings and protocols continue to evolve. Please know that your eye health, vision, and overall safety and wellbeing are of utmost importance to us and we will remain available to help you with your eye care needs. We appreciate your cooperation with the measures being taken, and we are grateful for your trust in us as your eye care provider.
Dr. Angelique Sawyer
Owner, Conway Eye Care and Coos Eye Care